Monday, June 21, 2010

Gloves, Angels and Beggars

I was just walking in downtown Montego Bay and saw a man selling gloves and shouting "if anybody waan strangle s'mady in dem sleep and nuh leave no fingerprint see di glove dem here!" (translated from Jamaican patois that means "If anybody wants to strangle anyone in their sleep without leaving fingerprints I've got the gloves for the job right here!") In terms of shock value this could only be beaten by the time a half-naked Montego Bay beggar walked up to me and said an angel appeared to him and told him that I was his father.

You can overhear the strangest things in downtown Montego Bay. So...if you're in Montego Bay and you need those gloves the guy can be found on Market Street. If he's not there just ask my half-naked street begging son where to find him. If my wayward son isn't there then maybe somebody used the gloves to strangle him in his sleep without leaving fingerprints. If the killer figured nobody would know then he clearly didn't take into account the gossipy angel that knows everything. It happens in downtown Mobay.

No comments: